The Voice

The Student News Site of Cypress Springs High School

The Voice

The Voice

Senior dives into State

wins district title for third time in a row
Senior dives into State

Cheers and applause fill the place as he enters the first place podium. For others this is new but for Caden Feith, a three times district champion this is just another accomplishment in the books. Being a back to back to back district champion isn’t all that easy, but with commitment and patience, he achieved things he could never imagine.

Feith, who is now a senior, won third place at Regionals this season and is headed to the State Meet.

Throughout his high school years, he has accomplished many things as a diver, such as breaking the school record for three years in a row, finishing 10th at state his sophomore year to being district champion all three years.

Some may say he’s a diving prodigy. But to him it is just the result of self placed expectations.

“ Winning feels like every other day, I just won it,” he said after the district three-peat.

Being a gymnast prior to this experience has helped him in his specialty. His signature dive is the 5134D, front ½ double flip.

He enjoys the thrill and competition in diving along the motivation of his family urging him to win.

His success has continued this year. Other highlights include a 2nd place finish at the annual Polar Plunge dive meet and a first place finish in the 3m CFISD Dive Invitational to go along with his district title and regionals success to reach the ultimate goal of the state meet once again.

Next year his diving journey will continue as his talents earned him a college scholarship to Delta State University. He plans to keep on winning competitions while studying aviation.

He hopes his hard work and determination will always be remembered.

Today he will climb on to the board mentally prepared to give his all at the State Meet in Austin.