The Voice

The Student News Site of Cypress Springs High School

The Voice

The Voice

Students, Staff share their favorite Christmas memories

Everyone celebrates Christmas differently. Maybe you and your family have a big dinner on Christmas Eve, or you go out of town to visit family. Some people even travel out of town to go skiing, but most of the time, families prefer to stay home during the holidays and spend time together doing family activities, such as watching movies or games, playing board games, decorating, baking, and a ton more. The options for what people do during Christmas break are endless, allowing people to have their specific favorite activity that they will always cherish and remember.

Gregory Nicholls´s Christmas break during college was one of his favorites. The marching band and football team were driven from Waco to San Diego to play in the game and participate in the Holiday Bowl parade. After winning the game, Nicholls says the journey ride home was even more fun. The players and marching band hung out together playing games, watching movies, and telling each other stories.

´´It was quite a Christmas to remember,´´ Nicholls said. ´´It was also nice to see California again, as I had family there. ´´

Leah Hatcher´s favorite Christmas break was last year when she and twenty-five members of her family went to Louisiana to spend time together. On Christmas Eve they played games although they ultimately spent their time together to celebrate.

´´We had so much fun, ´´ Hatcher said, ´´I love hanging out with my family.´´

Jayda Reynoso´s favorite breaks were when she was in elementary school. As a second grader, she found the Christmas spirit to be more intense and cheerier. But even now in high school, Reynoso enjoys her family coming over to celebrate and getting to watch movies with her friends.

´´I love the vibes and the comfort it brings me, ´´ Reynoso said.

Both students and teachers have come to an agreement that Christmas break should be longer to allow time with family, but also time to recover and rest after the first semester. Some students suggested another week of break and others picked to have the entire month of December to be Christmas break.

´´A month, ´´ Ms. Zavala said, ´´to allow for all the festivities, to rest and be fully recharged when returning to school would be great.”