Cy Springs celebrates 25th Anniversary

Scholarship Brunch held Saturday at Berry Center

This academic year marks the 25th anniversary of the founding of Cypress Springs High School. Among many events held by staff and students of the institution, this year, in recognition of its anniversary, Cy Springs High School is creating an Endowed Scholarship in memory of any CSHS staff members who passed away while serving on campus. The homage will take place Saturday, Feb 11, 2023 at the Berry Center as a Scholarship Brunch.

‘’It’s just an opportunity for us to come together as a campus community to celebrate the great things that happened here and to endow the scholarship,”  Principal Dr. Henry said.

The Scholarship Brunch will be the school’s biggest event, however not the first. In 2022, the freshman class won a fundraising competition. The student body were supposed to raise as much money as possible, by giving low value coins

‘’What the school is trying to do is to create the scholarship fund, so that we can make scholarships available to seniors,‘’ Counselor Ms. Ferguson said. ‘’In order for us to have those scholarships, we have to first raise, at least, $20,000.”

The school also hosted a Holiday Showcase Celebration in December to give everyone the opportunity to see the talent of our Choir, Band, Orchestra, Cheer, LOTE, Panteras , Step Team and HOLA. The night also featured a special performance by the administration team, counselors and other staff members. The whole night was emceed by Nvabury Kenneth & Emera Tokmachi.  Attendees also got the chance to see art work during the Panther Nation Gallery Walk and got to visit with Santa.

Founded in 1997 in the city of Cypress, Texas, Cypress Springs High School was the sixth high school within Cypress Fairbanks Independent School District to open its doors.

Cy Springs Legacy has been shaped by success in the classroom, in arts and sciences as well as on the field and court over the years. The wide range of electives, organizations and many ways to get involved at Panther Nation has left an impact on its students.

Among them the sisters, Courtney and Erica Enders, drag racers and four-time (2014, 2015, 2019, 2020) NHRA Pro Stock drag racing champion.

‘’Aside from academics, the part of my high school career that was the most crucial to my success, in my opinion, was the athletics department,’’ Courtney Enders said.

Besides the big focus on athletics, Cy Springs has many school clubs held before and after school for its students to participate in, such as Creative Writing Club, Chess, Photography, Science Olympiad, Spanish National Honorary Society, InvenTeam, Drama Club and many more.

‘’Joining the drama club helped me a lot with my communication skills,” junior Rio Rae said. ‘’I really like how the clubs help us with solving problems.‘’